Adult Winter Reading Program: Plug Into ReadingJanuary 9 - March 5
Carmel Clay Public Library's programming focus for 2017 is science and technology, and our Adult Winter Reading Program is getting in on the fun by asking you to Plug Into Reading. You might even win a Kindle Fire!
We have a large collection of fiction and nonfiction titles that explore science and technology, and we encourage our winter reading participants to check them out. You don't have to read a book on these topics to participate in the program, any book will count toward the 6 titles you can record.
Readers can get into the spirit of technology by reading ebooks or listening to audiobooks from our Overdrive and Hoopla collections. You don't have to have a tablet or smartphone to enjoy books this way--you can also read and listen in your web browser! Readers who plug in and finish a book on one of these digital platforms can enter a special drawing to win a Kindle Fire tablet!
How the Adult Winter Reading Program Works
- Beginning January 9th sign up online at www.carmel.lib.in.us/wrp or ask to sign up at the Readers' Advisory Desk or the Audiovisual Desk at the library.
- Read up to 6 books of your choice, fiction or nonfiction, between January 9 and March 5.
- For each title you record (up to 6) you will be earn an entry into a gift card raffle of your choice. You will be able to designate which raffle you'd like to enter when you log your book. Each gift card has a value of $100.
- Barnes & Noble
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Mitchell's Fish Market
- Simon Malls
- Receive a prize after you record your first title. You must come into the library by March 5 to claim this prize.
- Record 6 titles and you'll get a 3-in-1 audio cube with ear buds, a screen cleaner and a phone stand for viewing media. You must come into the library by March 5 to claim this prize.
- If you read or listen to a book on from CCPL's Overdrive or Hoopla digital collections you can enter to win a 7" Kindle Fire 8GB tablet.
Drawing for gift cards and the Kindle Fire will take place March 6 and winners will be contacted by phone or email.
If you need assistance entering books or you'd like more information about the winter reading program, you can drop by the Audiovisual Desk or the Readers' Advisory Desk at the library. Questions? Call the Audiovisual desk at 571-4281 or the Readers' Advisory desk at 814-3987.