The Carmel Clay Public Library hosts a tax service for elderly and low income patrons. Sponsored by AARP, the free service is available each Wednesday and Friday from February 2 through April 13 from 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The service will also be available the last three Saturdays in February (2/10, 2/17, 2/24) from 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
All sessions will held in the Program Room. The counseling and assistance operates on a first come, first served basis. Appointments are not taken.
Three types of returns will not be processed: any return with expenses from self-employment in excess of $25,000 or includes home office expense or depreciation or any net losses; any return with rental income; any return with other income or deductions outside our scope (if uncertain about our scope, discuss with preparer or supervisor before beginning the return or waiting in line)
Please bring the following with you in order to receive assistance:
- Copy of last year's tax return(s), or if you don't have that, a copy of your social security card
- W-2 forms for each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- 1095 from the Insurance marketplace (if applicable) or proof of other health insurance
- SSA-1099 form if you were paid social security benefits
- All 1099 forms showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets
- 1099-misc. showing any miscellaneous income
- 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity
- Tabulated total of cash income if self employed
- All forms indicating federal and state income tax paid
- Dependent care provided information (name, employer ID, Social Security number)
- Names, dates of birth, and Social Security numbers for all dependents
- Amount of Real Estate Taxes paid in 2017
If you have any further questions please stop by the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor of the library or call 317-844-3362.
Click here to view more information about the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide service.