September 9, 16, 23 & 30 @ 10:00 a.m.Learn how to effectively use your smartphone or DSLR camera to make digital films. The workshop will consist of four 2-hour classes. Each class will focus on a different aspect of video production and will highlight the Digital Lab's resources: computers, software and Whisper Room. The classes will be designed to be hands-on, and the participants will learn by helping make a video from start to finish.
Class 1: Introduction to Digital Filmmaking
- CCPL Digital Media Lab walk-through
- How to develop an idea for a video
- How to script and storyboard
- Breaking down your script to get it ready for filming
- Building a production team and getting permissions
- Camera and audio basics
- Directing tips and tricks
- The ins and outs of video editing
- Getting your video ready for online distribution
Each class will build on the previous class. You can sign up for just one class, or all four. If you wish to sign up for the entire series you must sign up for each individual class.