When: Sunday, June 4, 2017.
Where: Carmel Clay Public Library, 55 4th Ave., SE, Carmel, Program Room
- 1 - 2pm: Participants arrive with their edible entries
- 2 - 3pm : Public viewing and judging
- 3 - 3:30 pm: Awarding of prizes
- Individuals or families may submit an entry in the contest.
- Entries must be entirely edible (cake, bread, crackers, Jell-o, fruit, vegetables, candy, etc.) & must sit out for 3 hours without melting. Toothpicks to hold pieces together, sticks for cake pops and paper wrappers for cupcakes etc. are permissible. Candies used as decorative elements are also acceptable.We will not be serving the cakes this year. Please be prepared to take your entry home with you.
- Dimensions of entry must be no more than 16" by 24".
- The entry must be related to books in some way (see ideas below).
- Can look like a book in form and shape
- Be inspired by a book or author
- Reproduce a book cover
- Celebrate a book character
- Tie-in to our librarywide theme with an entry inspired by a book about science or technology
- It doesn't need to be a cake-anything edible goes!
- Judging will be based on visual criteria - best representation of book, artistic elements, humorous portrayal of book (pun) as well as most creative ingredient.
- Best Science- or Technology-Themed Entry
- Most Creative Ingredient
- Most Artistic - Adult, Youth, Family.
- Best Representation of Book - Adult, Youth, Family
- People's Choice - Most Creative Ingredient, Best Overall (Peoples' Choice awards voted by the public)
Registration: To participate in the Edible Books Contest, please fill out the form below. Entry forms due by May 30.