Book a Librarian is a service that connects Carmel Clay Public Library cardholders by appointment with a librarian for a one-on-one help and skill-building session. This free service is best used for complicated questions that require time beyond the usual walk-in help and for more in-depth instruction on how to use the library's catalog, databases and the internet. Sessions are typically 30 minutes to one hour long and are scheduled in advance.
To schedule a Book a Librarian appointment, submit this form online, call the library at 317-814-3985 or stop by the reference desk.Book a Librarian sessions may include:
- A personalized tour of the library building, our website and our digital branch
- Help downloading eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, streaming movies and TV shows
- Research a topic beyond Google -- learn to use the library's online research tools
- Business Research -- learn to use the library's electronic resources to help start or grow a business (business leads, demographic data, legal forms, marketing)
- Personalized Reading Lists
- Introduction to the library catalog- how to find a book, a CD or a DVD, place holds and manage your account
- Introductory computer skills for those who have limited computer experience (using a mouse, keyboarding, saving a file)
- Introduction to the internet (browsing, searching, printing)
- Assistance setting up an email account
- Offer advice (medical, legal, investment, tax) except to advise you of reputable sources of evaluative information
- Assist you with troubleshooting or maintenance on personal computers
- Set up a laptop or mobile device
- Assist with credit card transactions
- Type, edit or proofread documents
Schedule a session by completing this form with as much information as possible. Let us know what you would like help with and the best time of day to meet. We will get in touch with you to discuss your topic and to schedule a session as soon as possible.
|Name:||Email address:||Date/time available:|
|Describe the topic you would like to cover and/or your research goal and if you need |
help with a mobile device or tablet give us the name of your device (kindle, iphone, nook).
|Enter text from above image:|
|(use all caps for letters)|